FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your Super Elite S100K 2019/20 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:45 am
SoundAdvice

Programs: SE100K, AEROPLAN 3MM, QANTAS CC, AMEX BLACK, FAIRMONT PLATINUM
Originally Posted by tehdee
wish i was as lucky.
our organization works closely with air canada and as a result i often travel on contract fares. sadly, said fares often map to non-earning L or T (X).
i've flown 78 segments this year-- mostly domestic, of which 36 counted towards AGD/AQS.
That sucks. While I am not the most enthusiastic AC/Aeroplan supporter due to customer service, bizarre route/equipment decisions and so forth, I cannot complain about mileage accumulation over the years and I was also very lucky being a former Platinum Canadian flyer and having ALL of my miles come into Aeroplan as base miles towards MM etc. and I heard that was rare - and I earned a lot of those on non Star Alliance back when Canadian was One World and I did a lot with Qantas for example.

The big issue I see now is erosion of the value of an accumulated mile but also a challenge in meeting all the requirements for upper tier - and I doubt it gets better moving forward and hence why my looming retirement is not out of sync with my increasingly disillusioned perspective of the entire business.