FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tumi Latitude checked luggage, brief review
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:18 am
marctbb

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Marriott Platinum with ambassador, occasional HH Gold
Depends on how good of a packer you are, I almost always manage to get to 24 to 25, should be 52lbs, so bit more than one is allowed to, and I had to replace the latches on the Rimowa now three times, not because they didnt close easy when I packed, but because they just close both suitcase sides and dont remain in line with the case, since both sides can still be moved a bit, if you look at the Tumi 19, these looks close of much better from what I have seen in the store, but considering their msrp they are in a different category

If you really stick to what youre supposed to put in them and never have an issue closing your suitcase then go for the Rimowa, even though the latest models have gotten an update and only come with two rather than the three they used to have

Since customer service at Rimowa appears to no longer be offered, I am considering at second latitude, maybe a Tumi 19, since my Rimowa is now just about to be done and no store so far has responded to service requests, which they used to