FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skyteam flights/Connection time
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:11 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newguy2321
Appreciate the thought, I have a short business trip - 5 nights or so. and am able to book in biz based on pricing. The dates are hardset for me and the while it does go far out of the way, the extra MQMs are also intriguing. however i struggled to find flights that fit my short window of travel that would compete with the price of the AM flight (~$4100 RT in I). I can pair a $800 positioning route to get me to MEX from BNA and still do better than most other routes. I belive i can find quite a bit in that range on virgin out of NYC but wouldnt mind a longer TATL to be able to actually sleep on the route over.
I see your post in the MR forum. For what it's worth, if you simply shift your return date from 2/8 to 2/9, you can get VS UpperClass for $3K from BOS, $3.6K from JFK/IAD, and $3.8K from ATL. The 2/8 Friday return does not meet the 7 day min stay/Sat-Thu return requirements for DL/VS Z fares. The 2/9 return does. MEX-LHR is somewhat longer than ATL-LHR, but it's not exactly a huge difference. With the MEX routing, you can't get home until 2/9 with a 2/8 departure anyway (since the AM LHR-MEX flight is a red-eye). Just seems like you are creating a whole lot of additional pain for yourself with very little additional gain.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 21, 2018 at 9:24 am