FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:24 am
Wunk

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
The AF/KL AMEX platinum card, simply is not an AMEX platinum card. It's not even close to being one anymore.

Benefit of AMEX compared to 'other' cards is saving up points. Benefit of the AF/KL AMEX is... dunno what the benefit really is for €600 a year now.., slightly more points with Flying blue compared to a real AMEX platinum I suppose. But I can push 5 points from AMEX for 4 FB points. Reduction? Sure, but not that much of a reduction tbh with recent devaluations anyway. Benefit is that normal AMEX points can also be pushed to $any_other_airline_or_hotel

So the AF/KL points lock-in for that card should exceed the regular AMEX benefits, it surely isn't anymore with this now also adding on. I have one more major trip for this year in two weeks from now, after that I'm cutting it over to a regular AMEX platinum. I'm directly saving cost on the Privium Plus I already have, making it cheaper for me as well.

Just have to break it to my brother that he's losing his FB plat status that I've given him ;-)

Last edited by Wunk; Nov 20, 2018 at 10:30 am