FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Details/Discussion of Saver (Basic Economy) "X" Fares
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:06 am
lalala

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
For someone who flies back and forth via BWI 10-20 rts a year to go from a base fare of 129 (knowing that an UG on a Sunday -Thursday is never going to happen) to 159 adds sixty dollars to each ticket, so 600 to 1200 dollars per year. That's not chump change when you are paying out of pocket.

I see that saver fare doesn't apply to some of the IAD flights, they are still at the main cabin for 129. I'm not sure for those commuting anywhere other than Northern Virginia catchment area or rent cars, that is always a practical solution. BWI's not perfect, but if they marc is running, you can get from the plane to union station in an hour and that isn't too bad.

Not sure I want to run into the arms of SW, but somewhat (no very) displeased.

Also, I think the GGU fares are also up about 30 bucks a head. If its available on the westbound leg, I'll still buy as I do detest that journey home.