FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:55 am
tarheelnj

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
...I wish the airlines would tag the passengers and seats for people who boarded early due to physical disability and made them stay in their seats until everyone else disembarked.
That's been a concern for years (see multiple references to the Miracle Flights to Florida). I've sat next to several Disabilities pre-boarders and seen no sign of any physical limitations (including one person who physically pushed me out of the way to get to her bag in the overhead on arrival). It's just one of those situations where the airline has to choose between annoying FF'ers vs getting threatened with an ADA lawsuit.

I do think there should be a penalty for someone who reserves a wheelchair on arrival and doesn't take it. The reason has nothing to do with their disability - you have a wheelchair that isn't being used by a passenger (who actually needs it) in another part of the airport and an employee waiting with the wheelchair who isn't getting a tip.