FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tiptoeing to the Aadvantage exit yet?
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:28 am
bchandler02

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by travelgeek1197
Loyalty to AA and most airlines is completely pointless in my opinion. I left AA 18 months ago. Fly anyone and everyone now. Just had a great experience on Southwest. Don’t miss status with AA at all. EXP had become much less than it was and the management team is completely disconnected from reality. Southwest blew me away with their customer service and attitude versus AA. Been a while since I had flown them.

I guess they all probably suck so I just shop on price and hard product. I’m sure AA doesn’t miss my spend of 35k, I know if I were them I would not miss it. I’m not a corporate account so pretty low value to them. I don’t miss them, they don’t miss me, so I guess everyone is happy😁.

Cheers,
Mark
This.
I had status on AA for years, but the changes were just too much. This year, I've had paid biz class travel on United, paid coach/PE travel on AA and BA (booked via BA), and most recently 2 paid trips on Southwest (thanks to my new A list promo status via work).

I have to say, when travelling in Y, I found Southwest to be much better than AA. Seemed more comfortable, much friendlier service, and the $8 wifi actually worked great.

The downside is that I'll end up with miles spread across a few programs, making it harder to use them, but it can be managed. Free agency is the way to go until these airlines figure out that loyalty is a two way street. For now, I'll probably shift a fair amount of domestic trips to Southwest, and then just take whatever works price/schedule wise for international or those where I want business/first.