FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get residual/"future flight credit" from non-refundable flight
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:49 pm
SFOrunner

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by threeoh
Well, SFO is currently under a travel waiver through Nov 23 (assuming you're flying SFO-ORD on or before Friday), but it's the type of waiver where you have to still fly the itinerary (ORD-SFO) before Dec 2. You could try a phone agent, though, maybe they'd let you keep it as a travel credit w/ no change fee. Or wait to see if flight is delayed/cancelled and ask for a cash refund.
Interesting - well, this probably complicates things, but it's me and a companion on the same PNR. Flying SFO-ORD on Wednesday, 11/21, returning ORD-SFO on 11/24. I am now flying to BOS from ORD on 11/25, on a separate PNR, so I don't need my original return to SFO. Because I'll be in Chicago for an extra night due to work travel, my companion would like to stay an extra night as well. Due to the SFO travel waiver, which says it's good on flights with Original travel date(s): November 9, 2018 - November 23, 2018​, can I change my companion's return w/out fees, from 11/24 to 11/25?

Originally Posted by LRMErnst
Interesting - well, this probably complicates things, but it's me and a companion on the same PNR. Flying SFO-ORD on Wednesday, 11/21, returning ORD-SFO on 11/24. I am now flying to BOS from ORD on 11/25, on a separate PNR, so I don't need my original return to SFO. Because I'll be in Chicago for an extra night due to work travel, my companion would like to stay an extra night as well. Due to the SFO travel waiver, which says it's good on flights with Original travel date(s): November 9, 2018 - November 23, 2018​, can I change my companion's return w/out fees, from 11/24 to 11/25?
And let's further complicate it - My ORD-BOS flight leaves at 2:00 PM on Sunday, 11/25. UA just changed our flights to the ORD-SFO flight that also leaves at 2:00 PM. I am still planning on changing / cancelling my return, however is there a point in time where UA will see that I have two flights booked to two different destinations at 2:00 PM on the same day? And if UA sees that, what will happen to my reservation? I'm assuming that I should cancel my ORD-SFO return before checking into my ORD-BOS outbound?

Last question - my companion and I are now both booked into B fares on the return, ORD-SFO. I had GPU's waitlisted when we were originally on a W fare the day prior. Because of the 1K Y/B/M upgrade perk, it would behoove me to take both GPU's back, correct?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 20, 2018 at 12:46 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member