FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGBT rights in Singapore
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:28 pm
SQTraveller

Originally Posted by Dean Swan
Is this year going to be the same ? With security people having the power to touch/molest anyone they choose (they disguise it as "random selected people for checks". And according to the head of security on site (2017 event), he told me they have the right to touch all parts of my body including inside the anus, the only part they are not allowed by law - the groin area. This is the experience I had for my first attempt to visit Pink Dot in 2017. I was shocked to have been molested by the female security who stroked both of my butt cheeks and press her fingers deep into my armpits, and stroke my legs from tights to ankle with both of her hands. The other security guards next to her used a metal detector to scan the person. When I wrote in to Pink Dot organisation to report this, the Pink Dot representative insisted the security was doing their job to protect the gay people, and that I am making something out from nothing. The fact that I was violated seems to the Pink Dot organisation as nothing. This Pink Dot organisation seems so similar in behavior as to the homophobic Singapore society, both are in denial.
Not saying that this is right/wrong, but it's no different to multiple experiences with TSA (link)

Also, if the head of security said it, did you report this to police?