FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard Aviator Red no EQD, Silver $3k EQD Only as of 2019
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:58 pm
rfrost

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by 355F1
I am not seeing a waiver for 2019 for those of us who upgraded to Silver in 2018.

Here is their reply to that question:

​​​​​​Dear 355F1:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your AAdvantageŽ AviatorŽ Silver World Elite Ma. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the benefits on your account.

We apologize for any confusion. The change will not effect the ability to earn up to $6,000.00 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) for 2018. Starting on January 1, 2019 the benefit will change to earning $3,000.00 EQDs for spending $50,000.00.
I upgraded from Red to Silver in March of this year. I just called and, consistent with the reply you received, was told that the new rules going into effect on January 1 apply "across the board to everyone."
If the 10% rebate on awards still holds, I will downgrade to Red next year and keep the card in the drawer that would hold my socks were it not for all the other things in there (except where I need a chip & pin card). If the rebate goes away, too, I will probably close the card, provided that I can find another card with chip and pin. Dutch trains and the Copenhagen metro are too much trouble without one.