FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:17 pm
Etxebas

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Just booked an ARN->MIA run starting 1st August and returning 5th. 640 TP for £1080. It's arranged to kill a few birds with one stone: the Jumbo hotel at ARN where I have the flight deck suite booked (taking the family out to Stockholm for a mini-break at the front end of the trip), then the Babybus and upper deck on the 747 from JFK which curiously enough I've never done. Also arranged so the overnights are not in New York but Miami where it's a little less expensive, and plenty of lounge time in JFK.

It was a pig to book. I had a perfectly legal routing for 680TP (similar to the GOT one) which Matrix was happy with, but I couldn't get AA to price up properly, every time I confirmed payment it did a reprice for treble the price. I couldn't duplicate GOT either. Finally I figured out that by dropping one transfer leg everything would be OK, so I knocked out one of the US 40 TP ones. Hopefully AA will do some sort of rerouting in due course. Might be a distance thing, I couldn't find anything obvious in the fare rules. Any insights welcome.

Has anyone been able to find something like this but for Jan/Feb/March? Everything I am seeing is either pre Jan or in July..... Need a TP Run for the first quarter of the year!