FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'You're gonna lose your money' 'There was no booking, no confirmation'
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:46 pm
YXEGeordie

Programs: AC 75K
Hi everyone

Can totally believe this. Made a change to a flight pass booking at the weekend, when I pressed confirm I got the dreaded error message in red font. However, my Seat Selection Fee was refunded instantaneously, my CC was charged the change fee, but I was not sent any email confirming the change. The flight pass website won't let me look at the booking (I just get the same error message) and the flight pass app still lists the old flights. So I call my priority line and wait on hold for 25 minutes, and the agent confirms that the change went through. I check again today, the website still gives me an error message when I try to look at the details of the booking, the flight app still has the old booking, but I called in (only 8 mins wait this time) and got the agent to email me the itinerary and sure enough it has the new booking listed.

You shouldn't have to phone in and ask to be sent an e-mail confirmation of a change to a booking, but that is what I had to do. The flight pass app should reflect the current state of a booking, yet it doesn't, and I cannot access the booking on the AC website. I will likely have to call in to do my e-upgrade next week as I cannot access the booking details on the AC website.

So I absolutely believe this story.

Issues with AC IT shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who visits FT.

YXEG