FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:59 am
makrom

Originally Posted by florin
Several programs have had fairly sudden changes. AF/KL Flying Blue had an April 1st "event" that started quite a storm. It happens. I don't recall many improvements (more flexibility, reduced cost), and certainly not without something bad being rolled out at the same time... it just goes to show that these FF currencies are quite volatile and it is unreasonable to expect the value to remain constant. This realisation is what prompted me to ditch the FF obsession in favour of a practical approach (fly primarily on price/convenience + burn points/miles quickly rather than build up a balance.)
True, but as I said in the sentence before the one you quoted (what I was referring to as "similar case"), it's the "sheer amount" of the devaluation that gets me. I'm not outraged on principle and well aware that these things happen, just like they did several times before with QRPC, but making such huge cuts... I would almost have been better off crediting my OW flights to Air Berlin's FFP