FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:46 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Siweltj
As stated earlier I did contact priemer service by phone and was told it was not a problem and all I had to do was inform the front desk of the need to extend my stay past my original checkout which way 3 days out and told if I had any problem to call them back. Which is what I did. Then told no at the front desk. Called priemer customer service back and that's where the different answers started and continued over three calls and two days. That is when I asked to have the previous calls reviewed because of the different answers I was getting and asked for a return call which never happened. Also filled a complaint on line which was never answered.

Not being assigned an ambassador and not getting water and the lack of customer service are all indications of a major disconnect with Marriott's customer care.

First, a belated welcome to Flyertalk! We're pretty good providing advice on issues when they arise.

Sounds like English isn't your first language so perhaps that has led to confusion.

1. Water -- Marriott properties do not normally give water at check-in. Its very rare. Instead, water is normally in the room. For example, this week, I have been in an AC, a Marriott, a Renaissance, and a Luxury Collection. None have given me water at check-in. All have had bottles of water in the room. In contrast, Hilton gives them at check-in but doesn't have them in the room. There is no need for bottled water in the US. I suspect Hilton will change its approach soon.

2. 48 Hour Guarantee -- I've never had an issue with this and its unclear what happened. Perhaps a major conference in the area? In the future, I'd skip the desk or calling by phone. Just go to the app or website 48 hours out and you'll be able to reserve without a problem. This avoids any confusion although sometimes the prices are high when they are sold out.

I hope you get an ambassador soon. Sounds people are starting to get them assigned.