FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:59 am
Hollandair
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
FWIW, when I saw PN7 and PN5 and R0 on two of my flights for this November, I was not too surprised when some days later, both my upgrades cleared. So, hopefully it will happen for you too.

IAH-SCL, I would make sure you have your preferred Economy + seats as I see that upgrade more difficult. Although I would make sure I have that too for BRU-IAD as you never know what might happen 4 months from now.

Hopefully, you are only one passenger on the PNR (passenger name record) as they tend to open 1R at a time. If you are two or more, they tend to bypass you and upgrade the waitlisted passenger that is alone.
Ok, since last message we are almost 3 months further, and about 2 months before departure. This is the situation for the IAH-SCL flight:
  • J9 JN9 C9 D5 Z0 ZN0 P0 PN0 PZ0 IN0 I0 Y9 YN9 B9 M9 E9 U9 H9 HN0 Q9 V9 W6 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 N9 XN0 X0
  • Still only 4 seats out 30 in Business are sold and I applied a GPU on a B-Fare being Premier Gold.
So in 3 months almost only one Biz seat has been sold. Any chance they will open up upgrade space anytime soon?