FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:55 am
NoLaGent

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
AS 1933 12NOV LAX-SFO (A321)

I mentioned to the FA that I was excited they'd added sparkling wine (along with water/juice) for flights departing after 10am and he said I was absolutely wrong, that the policy had changed again and this had been confirmed to him by his Supervisor the day before. He was clearly having a bad day as he also then rudely added that it was due to the F cabin being filled only by upgraders (I was on a P fare) before he stomped off. Everyone in Row 2 just raised their eyebrows and chuckled at him.

He was very curt for the rest of the flight and I've already given customer care feedback.
Follow-up: An incredibly thorough response was received from Customer Care yesterday:

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent flight experience from Los Angeles to San Francisco on 11/12/2018. It's our goal to make sure every trip you have on Alaska goes smoothly. The best way for us to do that is hearing from you.

Alaska strives to provide exceptional service to our customers. From what you have shared, it is apparent that we did not meet that expectation with our First Class flight attendant <name redacted>. I am very sorry he was so curt with you and <my Partner's name> making for an uncomfortable flight. You should expect nothing less than being treated with the utmost respect, compassion and care. I truly wish he would have acted in a more professional manner as you have come to expect when flying with Alaska.

I can confirm <name redacted> was incorrect and we do serve Sparkling wine along with coffee, juice and water after 10am for a pre-departure drink. I would also like to point out this change was made to provide consistency with our Airbus and Boeing aircraft service. This policy change had nothing to do with upgrading passengers to First Class which is also incorrect information. I can assure you that I have shared your concerns with our Inflight Management so we can continue to improve and take better care of you next time.

The rest of the email contained information on how to utilize the $200 (2x$100) Discount Codes that were issued as a customer service gesture.

A huge kudos to AS Customer Care for handling this so professionally, very well done.

Last edited by NoLaGent; Nov 18, 2018 at 9:13 am