FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:32 am
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
- Name of the hotel: Fairmont Jakarta

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? First Stay with the Fairmont brand. I knew very little about Fairmont before making the booking except that Accor Platinum Status does not provide access to their Club Lounge (Fairmont Gold Lounge). I was generally happy with my Stay. Expectations were met but not exceeded given the high room rate.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? This is a little complicated. I originally booked their cheapest, Standard Room (Fairmont Room). I was originally given a one category upgrade to their Deluxe room which is bigger, and probably on a higher floor. But a couple of days prior to my check in I received an upselling email of discounted paid offers for various services. We can request the offers, and then find out if our requests have been granted (subject to availability) at check in. Anyway, I wanted to try their Gold Lounge so I requested it for USD 50. Very early in the morning of my check in I called the hotel to see if my request was approved. The Duty Manager approved it immediately. So due to this extra payment I received a room on the 19th floor connected to the Gold Lounge on the 21st floor by a staircase which was very convenient as I could avoid the lifts.

- How are the rooms? The room was fine. Nothing to complain about. Le Labo toiletries. I am not familiar with this brand but everything seemed to be very high quality.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Central location.

The hotel is connected by a dedicated tunnel to a big shopping mall.

The buffet breakfast is very good, but in line with expectations rather than exceeding them,

Proactive staff in the Gold Lounge.

Very relaxing Lounge. I only saw a handful of people there, even during cocktails.

Bad:

Although this was my first Stay I did not receive a Welcome Email until I called the hotel and asked about it two days prior to check in.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? The Lounge was very comfortable with a nice breakfast and cocktails, but not really outstanding given the room rates. They serve a very good afternoon tea though. The Lounge staff are excellent and very engaging. The Lounge was extremely quiet while I was there during afternoon tea and cocktails, and briefly to look at their breakfast after eating downstairs. The relatively limited nature of their Gold Lounge breakfast and Cocktails may have been due to low occupancy.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

Welcome drink voucher. During the day it could only be redeemed at one outlet (Sappori Deli) as the two bars do not open until 5 pm. The choice of drinks was quite limited. There may have been a better choice at the bars at night.

A nice Fruit Platter, with a generic typed welcome note was waiting in the room. Four attractive hand made little cakes were delivered to the room a little later on with a typed Welcome card from a Duty Manager. His name was also typed, not signed.

At check out was presented with a very nice piece of traditional material, three small chocolates with my initials, and a nice photo of the staff.

Was given an 11 am early check in, and the room was ready when I actually arrived at 10:30 am. Early check ins and late check outs were two of the services offered as paid upgrades by email. My early check in was a Platinum benefit. I checked out early.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Not really value for money if paying the full rate. Will return using the APAC promotional discount, and points. Quite OK with 40% discount. Otherwise I guess it simply depends on personal taste. Certainly a very comfortable, and relaxing experience.
Thanks for the review. It is good to see how the new hotels measure up to the regular Accor hotel brands.A few more reviews of each are needed to get a better idea. Early to say yet but it does not seem that these hotels have not wowed the Le club members as much as we have been told to expect by some.