FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:15 pm
SQ325

Originally Posted by qrctraveller68
After my horrible experience at trying to achieve MySQupgrade, I believe that Singapore Airlines should become more transparent to inform their guests, which booking class(es) and route(s) which will receive an upgrade. Paying a full fare Economy (Y) class from ICN to SIN and then Premium Economy (S) class from SIN to HKG and those fares being ineligible is shocking. Furthermore, if one can only learn of the ineligibility of the fare classes after reserving the flights, then Singapore Airlines should allow one to cancel their ticket within 24 hours of reserving the flights.
You may get the impression in this thread that there is an automatism that you will recieve an MySQupgrade offer if laodfactor is low and you purchased an eligible fare. As a regular SQ flyer I can assure you that these offers are quite random and I for myself cant remember when I recieved such a mail during the past 2-3 years (doing approx. 40 SQ sectors per year). Iam not really sure what their algorithm is to determine this. I personaaly would not speculate on recieving an offer when I book a ticket simply for that reason. Rather save the bucks.