FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promo awards November 2018
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:27 pm
Solevita

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak

I finally managed to book it through the Ulti TA. The problem was due to a very well-known scam : the price in miles displayed is in fact not available (a higher price is available) and this generates an error message. I can understand this situation when there is one seat left and 2 people are trying to book it at the same time (one win and one lose). But I tried several times over 2 days and the site was still displaying the promo award « price ». So I refused to pay the higher price. The Ulti TA dealt with FB and waived all booking fees ^
A little off topic but I had a similar experience last week trying to book a trip with a < 24 hour stopover in Ams on the return, booking as a multicty trip. Skyscanner showed Expedia as having the best price (which never happens) and of course when I clicked through 'sorry the price is now xxx'. Tried klm.com and they had the itinerary €10 cheaper than Expedia. Get to the payment stage... 'sorry the price is now xxx'. I tried maybe 3 or 4 times through the day and the price displayed initially never changed, just at the payment stage it jumped up from between €20 and €200. Gave up and tried the next day, prices on klm.com were a little different, so I assumed they were now up to date. Exactly the same thing happened at the payment stage. On AF.com that just gave an error at checkout whenever I tried.

I've encountered occasionally the fare no longer being available, but this was consistently showing apparently the wrong price for 2 days (or more). Scam certainly did cross my mind!