FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get residual/"future flight credit" from non-refundable flight
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:32 am
w3bCraw1er

Unhappy Cancelled non-refundable ticket and need help

All-

First time posting on this forum.

I had a ticket from SFO to LHR for Nov 22 but I had to cancel it due to travel document issue.

Online on united.com it showed that the ticket is non-refundable/non-changeable. There were options to change/cancel but Change Option link did not do anything (nothing happens when I clicked).

I also read on this forum that if I don't cancel and don't fly the whole ticket is gone/I don't get anything.

Anyway, so I cancelled as I had to wait to get the final decision on my travel docs.

Now when I go to United.com and see my reservation, I see option (Link) to "Use Future Flight Credit" but when I click it, NOTHING happens.

I read somewhere on this forum that, the credit (ticket amount - fees to use the credit) shows up little later. (I hope so as I don't want to lose full ticket amount).

My question is; will I get this credit? Am I understanding this correct that the credit takes time and hence the button/link is inactive at this time?

Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this situation. Thanks for the help in advance.