FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most tier points you have seen / gained?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:47 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
That simply can not be good for your mental health. Or physical.
To be honest, in F or J, it's no big deal at all, really. It's doing in Y/PE that is rather taxing. The people who put up with doing a lot of long haul flying in Y/PE have my respect for their perseverance, patience and fortitude.

I find it so much easier to do XXX-SYD-SIN-LHR-YYY-LHR-SIN-SYD-XXX (XXX being Australian domestic destination and YYY somewhere in Europe) in F twice a month* compared to the same pattern once a month in Y that I used to do some time ago (and this is with working all day immediately before/after arrival and during transit). I didn't last too long doing that. It was too tough.

Having a bed makes a huge difference and effectively renders what is essentially a horrid experience of being trapped in a metal tube with a very small space pretty tolerable. I generally do not think flying once a week between LHR and SIN in CW or F to be particularly harmful for mental or physical health**, although I would say Y or WT+ would be - just the lack of space and not being able to sleep in a proper bed is rather hard.

However, I felt really sorry for the guy who was sent by his workplace to SIN for a day in F so that he could sleep, after having been at work in London all day and work on arrival for a few hours before flying back, only to be kept awake by unruly children throughout the flight...

*Not doing that every month. I don't really like sitting in a dry, metal tube, or airports.
** In the absence of particular health conditions that might make it harder on one's health.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 16, 2018 at 9:03 am