FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club Price Increase and No More Single Visit Passes
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:59 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
*edit* - Read again single visit guest is viable for 29 dollars in the article. The email sent says 'no guest passes'. They should have rephrased that.

Also it notes 'no access to KLM or Air France'. Does that include international access via STE+? And if that is still viable when would one have access to these lounges and now you do not?
I think maybe the DL.com website where this was posted was updated since OP. (https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sk...jb=77#clubnews)

The impact of this on Amex access (and guests of Amex cardholders) has been made quite clear:
Delta Reserve Credit Card Members from American Express
  • Card Members will continue to have complimentary access when traveling on a Delta flight or a Delta-marketed and Delta–ticketed flight operated by WestJet.
  • Card Members traveling on other partner airlines can access the Club for an exclusive per-visit rate of $29 per visit.
  • Card Members can bring up to 2 guests for an exclusive per-visit rate of $29 per person, provided the Card Member and their guests are traveling on a Delta or partner airline.
Platinum and Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members from American Express
  • Card Members and up to two of their guests must be traveling on a Delta flight to access the Club for an exclusive per-visit $29 rate, per person.
Platinum and Centurion Card Members from American Express
  • Card Members will continue to have complimentary access when traveling on a Delta flight or a Delta-marketed and Delta–ticketed flight operated by WestJet.
  • Card Members can bring up to 2 guests for an exclusive per-visit rate of $29 per person, provided their guests are traveling on a Delta flight.
But I am also curious what this does for the redemption option for SkyBonus. I frequently redeem SB for the SkyClub passes to give them to colleagues/clients/etc. Only other thing I've redeemed is the plain jane domestic Y ticket which is fine, but a bit of a hassle to gift away b/c I feel responsible for explaining how it works and needing to search for certain fare classes, etc.