FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:55 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Hello LH lurkers,

I am booked to fly AMS-FRA-PVG-AKL-HKG-MUC-AMS with my 20 month old with his own seat, and I'm trying to figure out whether a car seat or a restraint system (think CARES) is absolutely mandatory on LH. The relevant page on the LH website has somewhat conflicting information:

So which is it? Can he sit in his own seat (apart from takeoff and landing) during the flight without additional hardware? I'm willing to buy a CARES as insurance, but I'd rather do without.

Thank you for any information you have!

Hello malmostoso,

I am sorry but I can't notice the conflicting information. Baby seat can be used on board to increase the passive safety of infants and children (up to about 7 years of age). Their use is entirely voluntary. If you decide not to buy an extra seat for the baby. He/she must sit on your lap during the flight.

If you want to use your own child restaint system, for babies (under 2 years), therefore, you must purchase a CHILD ticket (extra seat).

I hope, my explanation helps you.

best regards,
Sascha