FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:45 am
Lebene

Beijing layover on Ghanaian passport?

Hi, my sister has permanent residence in the UK and is going to New Zealand for my holiday. The layover is 8-9 hours in Beijing. Would she qualify for the 24 hour TWOV? What part of TIMAC would be clear and help convince the UK border to let her through? I went to Beijing to work and at LCY the immigration officer took my passport away convinced my passport was a fake. She didn't say it but what other reason would she have to go check with her manager? I keep my passport in very good condition, I cringe when immigration bends it unnecessarily.
​​​​My passport with previous validated visas to China, no overstay markers, including that current one amongst other travel in Europe and Asia? I'm in my 20s and was with my mum. She tagged my ticket and as a consequence my ticket was scrutinised on my layover in Switzerland. That's with a British passport, so I don't want any incompetent or ignorant personnel to have any reason to deny my sister entry to board her first flight.

The ticket is a return flight.

Last edited by Lebene; Nov 16, 2018 at 3:46 am Reason: Title change