FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weather Advisory 11/15 - 11/18 - Northeast/MidAtlantic
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:25 pm
slykens

In a further unexpected and wholly surprising update, my flight has cancelled. I was assured everything would be fine when I called last night and mentioned this exact possibility! (heavy sarcasm)

When DL finally got around to calling me to tell me about it, the automated lady read off the information then told me the flight "was cancelled due to <busy signal>."

I'm trying to figure out how I've tolerated this unadulterated incompetence for 50 flights this year but concluded that their incompetence only managed to screw up one out of those fifty. (A CRJ flight oversold by eight that was due to depart to 0600 but they didn't make *any* announcement about until 0545 - this led to a misconnect and missing a meeting on the west coast)

So now some poor phone agent is going to get a healthy heaping of snark whilst we chat about lack of inventory on any carrier within 100 miles for the next few days. Ugh. I should ask for compensation for my wasted time.