FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where is AA Priority at LAX this month
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:04 pm
QueenOfCoach

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by lindalogan
Hi, It seems like things keep changing at LAX. Whether we fly AA or Delta or...
The last time we departed LAX AA was, January 2018. At that time they had a "room" just for priority. You walked in off the curb/street and it was a small room for priority only. Once done they would direct you to a single elevator that is in the same room. This elevator takes you to the TSA checkpoint.
But I heard they made more changes since Jan 2018. We plan to fly this Friday Nov 16th 2018 from LAX , flying AA Term 4.
And since it will be busy and we may be short on time, I was hoping someone that was just there would be able to let us know where the AA priority check in is at LAX T4.
Thank you
As mentioned above, the small private check-in room is called "Flagship" and is available only for certain high-paying customers. The Flagship room is adjacent to the regular Priority Check in area, which is at the east end (towards the 405 freeway) of the terminal. The west end (towards the ocean) is the main cabin check-in area.

If you are not qualified for Flagship, then just go in the door that is marked Priority and check in there. Then take the escalator up to the departure level. If you have TSA Pre-Check, bear to the left and go through the Pre-Check lane. If you do not have TSA Pre-Check, then bear to the right and get in the Priority (but not Pre-Check) lane for the TSA check.

Having said all that, a couple of years ago I was waiting in line to check in at a Priority Desk, which I can do as AA Gold. There were a few people in line and their situations seemed to be complex and time-consuming. A check-in agent appeared from the Flagship room and beckoned to me to follow her. Thus, I got to check in for my flight in the Flagship room and take the elevator up to the TSA checkpoint. (Nice!)

Something similar might have happened to you. You were qualified for Priority but got invited in to the Flagship room by a non-busy, friendly ticketing agent who put customer service first.

Another factoid. The elevator used to be visible and accessible from the Priority check-in area. I used it many times. A few years ago, they built a door between the elevator and the Priority check-in area. Now I take the escalator like everyone else.