FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023)
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:43 am
Mamibear

Originally Posted by gy_zero

​​​​I am thinking to get serve card and only load vgc online , 1k per month should be enough . If not , can I get another serve card do another 1k. Since the nearest Walmart is too far away from me , I may only do less 3k per month ,so 3 serve should be enough for me .

Will this work ? I don't see a lot of discussion about loading vgc online... So just trying to confirm this.

Another question : I don't understand why people withdraw the money to the bank .. instead of just use serve bill pay to pay off the credit card .Is there a reason for it ?
Your plan won't work, you'll get flagged after a while loading VGCs online. I suggest you look for the nearest Dollar Gen or Family Dollar to load your Serve card(s) with VGCs. Although some would say they got away with loading their VGCs to AXP prepaids online, this activity won't last long and will cause your account to be suspended from further loading. Start to make back up plans on how to liquidate your VGCs BEFORE you purchase them.

As to people withdrawing $ to their bank, I'd say to each his own since I pay bills with my balance and/or withdraw at the ATM. Overall, NO strategy is safe, it's just the nature of this activity and you just have to be prepared and roll with the punches.