FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:52 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
AS 1043. LAX/SEA. 4:40pm
FA in F , Michael, provided what I would describe as flawless service. Passengers in row 1 asked for mixed cocktails for PDB and he replied, "my pleasure". Everyone provided 1-2 before takeoff. Dinner service was great. It was like watching a ballet. He cleared, refilled glasses , passed out warm nuts..etc while being unobtrusive.
On a sad note, I overheard him talking with cockpit crew before takeoff....this was his last flight. I asked if this was true and sure enough, yes. His last flight with AS. He has been with VX (AS) for 9 years. (SFO based crew). He was taking a month off then starting with DELTA.
Mentioned he would love to see us sometime on DL. Loss for AS.
Would the F service have been flawless if the mixed cocktails had not been provided? It is probsbly best that he moves on if he isn't prepared to follow the policy of his new employer. But wait! Whose decision was it that he will be leaving AS? Is it possible he would love to see you on Delta because AS isn't in love with him representing them?

Two sides to every story. Food for thought!

James