FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Boeing 787 Dreamliner
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:47 pm
xenole

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, for LHR-LAX as a single traveller, that's a good seat, the sun will be on the other side. The downside is that you're looking at a lot of wing, so you won't get that good a good view (I like that route for its views), and also unless you are subtle in your tactics, for the second meal you may not get a choice even as GGL. Also it is a bit noisier than the forward cabin but still vastly quieter and more pleasant an atmosphere than a 777. In your situation I would take that seat, and even if for some reason 7K comes up - and it shouldn't - I wouldn't take it as it would be a crew rest seat and therefore risking a gate seat shift.
The sun wouldn't bother me anyway. Anyone else, tough. Spend too much time as it is in cabins where inconsiderate people put the shades down during the day Guaranteed that will happen on my A380 return.

Can't remember what the second meal is, but I'm sure being potentially last on the list would turn out to be a good thing

Did 7K coming back from BOS I think. 1A going. Both good seats. Do know the crew situation with that seat of the longer flights and doubt a seat shift would be into F so not worth risking a potential middle.
WT+ next month with hopefully no seatmate.

Want to see if my headaches etc. last time I flew F were caused by the cabin or over-indulging in the CCR previously.