FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:52 pm
JacksonFlyer

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
AS 1933 12NOV LAX-SFO (A321)

I mentioned to the FA that I was excited they'd added sparkling wine (along with water/juice) for flights departing after 10am and he said I was absolutely wrong, that the policy had changed again and this had been confirmed to him by his Supervisor the day before. He was clearly having a bad day as he also then rudely added that it was due to the F cabin being filled only by upgraders (I was on a P fare) before he stomped off. Everyone in Row 2 just raised their eyebrows and chuckled at him.

He was very curt for the rest of the flight and I've already given customer care feedback.
I am glad that I have never had to experience some of these "off the cuff" attitudes of some FAs; all the FAs I have dealt with have been at the very least professional if not more. Sure, sometimes you can tell when someone is having a bad day but they should never take it out on the customer. In this case I have to wonder why this particular FA thought being an upgrade or paid First made a different in his salary or his performance? Not going to get tipped more? It was not an intelligent retort that he gave. I am glad you reported it, maybe this gentleman needs a refresher in customer service.

I do wish AS would enforce the policy of whether there is a PDB or not; sounds like there is but some FA's decide not to follow it or if there was a reason not to follow it, make it known to the folks in First. Perhaps some of the FAs on this board might comment, but if it is policy, why is it not uniformly applied across the system?