FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:33 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Still trying to flip a coin between LAX and SFO for our annual Spring mini-break restaurant tour of new places (to us) and maybe some old faves. But you got me thinking about Benu again ...
If in SF (where I am for work even now), my faves are Benu and Atelier Crenn (as well as Meadowood up in Napa and Manresa down in the San Jose area). We also loved Acquerello. I love Mourad, too. My husband’s favorite overall is Saison. But SF has so many amazing options. I’m working on going to 2* SingleThread up in Sonoma perhaps in a few weeks.

If in LA, my faves are Somni and The Bazaar by Jose Andres, both at the SLS Beverly Hills. Somni is easily worthy of 2-3* IMO, and the Bazaar is easily worthy of 1* at least. Somni is my favorite meal of all time in SoCal...and its previous incarnation as Saam was my fave before that. We also really like Providence and n/naka, both of which easily are worthy of 2*. If you get down to OC, Taco Maria is a great 1* worthy option, and maybe Basilic and Marche Moderne. There are so many incredible places in LA right now, maybe because Michelin doesn’t rank here, that it’s a pretty exciting time.