FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Autumn in Hokkaido and an SQ Suites Experience (FD, XJ, GK and SQ Suites)
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:28 am
ycp81

It was soon bright outside. BOB service was conducted in economy at the back, but our small cabin remained dimmed. Crew would offer the meals only when we woke up, allowing us to maximise the sleeping time. A couple of pax only had their meals less than an hour to arrival.

Due to a website/app glitch, we were able to pre-order up to 3 meals each! I had the Kung Pao Chicken with Rice and Roasted Chicken with Pesto Cream Sauce. The meals were served on a tray, along with a cup of coffee.

The Kung Pao Chicken with Rice fell short of expectations, and was hardly authentic. Think Chinese takeaway food in the US.

The Roasted Chicken with Pesto Cream Sauce was a better choice definitely. At least the chicken pieces were still juicy.

My friend had the Tasty Grilled Chicken with Baked Jasmine Rice and Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak.

The grilled chicken with rice was decent, but the nasi lemak was nowhere near the version served on Malaysia AirAsia.

We also shared a Vegetable Stew with Rice Pilaf. 2 mouthfuls and I left it.... It just tasted weird....

After our meals were cleared, we were already leaving Honshu and crossing into Hokkaido.

Flying past the city of Hakodate as we started the descent.

Along the coastline of Hokkaido as we descend into Chitose.