FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, UK [Master Thread]
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:35 am
Sg59

Programs: Marriott Plat Hilton Diamond
Reply from Manager Lingfield Hotel UK now a Resort

UPDATE
I posted recently that at my stay in October there was some controversy over Lingfield UK now classing itself as a Resort, which effects Plat benefits. I emailed the Manager, please see his reply that I eventually received on November 10th.

Reply from Lingfied Manager:

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay with us on the 22nd October at Lingfield Park Marriott.

I am sorry that we were unable to guarantee you a 4pm checkout and also the changes to the rewards program offering Breakfast or points was different from your previous stays. The re-launch of the new rewards program in August caused a number of changes to the program some of which impacted the property directly. As part of the re-launch there was a clear message for hotels to comply with the listed standards to ensure consistency across each brand and avoid members from being disappointed because an experience in one hotel has caused an expectation in another.

As a property we were informed back in July that as part of the new program we would officially be classed as a resort. The criteria for a resort is broken into 3 areas and the 3 that we comply with are:
  1. 18 Hole Golf Course
  2. Compliance with brand specific room service - available 06:00-00:00
  3. Full resort spa

I don’t have a problem with this, but it should have been communicated!