FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Hotel, Austin, Texas [Master Thread]
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:14 pm
mvitale

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by spgplat21
I see they are now accepting suite night awards for the executive suite. I've been upgraded to that room once or twice and it is very nice. I like it better than the suites at the W and the Westin, but you're stuck with lounge breakfast (which was fine, but very overcrowded in my experience) instead of the nice restaurant platinum breakfast offered at the W and Westin.

There aren't many executive suites, so i'm sure this will still be a tough upgrade to get, but it's great to have the chance to confirm it in advance now.
My November stay at the JW is coming up this weekend. I applied for SNAs on this stay (a points stay) about a month ago -- when I noticed that they could be applied at this hotel, on this reservation. When I originally made the reservation, I couldn't apply SNAs. I got my email at T-5 days that my SNA had been approved. I will be staying in an Executive Suite, Corner Room, Lake View. This'll be a nice room. I've stayed in this room type before (what I called a "Junior Suite" in my post a few months ago above in this thread), but not with the Lake View. Man, I love Austin. This hotel is definitely a nice one to stay at.

Hook 'em Horns. BTHOOISU.

-mvitale