FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:27 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
From your description you seem to have arrived at ANS (A non-Schengen bus arrival gate.) I don’t know how you ended up entering Schengen unless you went down to A concourse after transfer security and passport control to walk through the tunnel to B.

I’m not certain if you can get on the Skyline train instead of going through security at the top of the escalators but the Skyline train carriages are “unclean” so you will have to clear security again after you get off at the stop for B. There are some day-beds/reclining chairs between the Skyline platform for B and B transfer area but I cannot understand how you had to go through passport control there.

After all the Skyline train is there to allow passengers who need a visa to enter Germany to connect between terminals without having to enter Germany. Very strange.
I think you can enter Skytrain platform without passing security, but no going back. That would be the Z platform.
IAN-UK somehow entered A concourse to go to the A platform, which is unclean Schengen (e.g. landside) That would explain how he ended up at transfer security + exit control to enter non-Schengen part of B pier.