FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight From Hell [BA2036 MCO-LGW delayed then diverted to JFK]
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:05 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Again, you are deliberately misrepresenting the situation. It is hard to argue with alternative facts. I can only assume that you mean that NZ would have created hotel rooms out of thin air. It is, of course, very reasonable and fair to compare a situation where you have an abundance of rooms to book and one where there are none. And that's disregarding the fact that those leaving that same day did not require an overnight accommodation.
Misrepresenting the situation? What do you mean by that?

As far as I can tell, there have been 2 sources for the "No Hotel Rooms Available" story. One was BA - and we can discount that as they obviously have "skin in the game". The other source is you. So, as you are so adamant that no hotel rooms were available, I guess this means that you were looking to book a last minute room at around 3am on that night? What radius from JFK did you use?

It seems a bit strange that BA were giving out leaflets advising people to book hotels themselves if they knew none were available.

Just to add... I was working in New York 10 years ago when Paula Radcliffe won the marathon. A friend of mine booked into my hotel (Courtyard, Jersey City) a couple of days before. So, just because the marathon was on doesn't mean there are no rooms available in the whole of the NYC area.