FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage run deals
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:29 am
Knobbgb

Programs: A3 *G
I couldn't find any ARN-LPA fares for less than about 380 each way in Plus when I need to travel (JAN/FEB). That's still not a bad deal mile-wise (3.5cpm), but that's a LONG flight and better 'value' can be found elsewhere on the SAS network. I wouldn't do it unless I really needed the miles (or really needed to see that island) and it begs the question: if you're 11,000 miles short of renewal,are you really a frequent flier and do you really need the status?

At a similar cost-per-mile to the OP's original example I found AGP-ARN for 54/105 Euro (Go/Plus) earning 1875/3750 miles, which is 2.8cpm. AGP-OSL was 60/116 Euro earning 1766/3532 miles at 3.2 cpm. MLA is another destination where Plus is relatively cheap, as is ATH of course.

The overall best cpm I could find was - MLA-ARN-AGP, 7th December, 84 Euro in GO, 3527 miles, 2.4cpm! (subject to earning rates NOT changing after 1st December), Plus is 3x the price on this connection, for some reason, even though it is quite cheap on the individual flights.

Adding on an inter-Scandinavia connection can be good value. Sometimes it's an extra 50 Euro for 1200 extra miles. You can even book double connections easily (OSL-ARN-CPH-XXX for example). I find the SAS website itself the easiest way to find these.

Last edited by Knobbgb; Nov 13, 2018 at 12:40 am