FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First/Biz class award tickets to anywhere?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:44 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler

[...]
Don't forget to take advantage of the stopovers if you like visiting multiple places! IMO that's where the true value of this reward program lies. Going from the US to Tokyo in F for 70k miles is a great deal, but tacking on a flight to Bangkok in business (no F on that route) after you leave Tokyo for just an extra 5k miles is a real steal (that NRT - BKK J ticket sells for about $3k). With stopovers in both directions you can visit 3 places for the price of 2 one-ways. I'm going SFO - Tokyo - Bangkok - Hong Kong - SFO, all for 145k miles and about $130 in fees, all first class transpacific and business class within asia (neither of those routes have F). JAL there, CX back... so really great products on all the flights.
I enjoyed my EK F LAX-DXB//DXB-FCO for 100K. I have booked EK J LAX-DXB//DXB-JNB for 120K. I have friends in both DXB & CPT. EK works well for that. The differential between EK J & F isn't worth the additional 67% Miles for me. I'll take CX back to North America for 70K and still have 10K leftover.

75K on JL will get you all the way to DEL, 70K on CX will get you all the way to JNB or CPT with TPAC in F with either airline. Stopovers are definitely a plus. My last CX stopover was 2 months long. Considering the connection to the gateway is included, it is pretty hard to beat. I have 2 JL F coming up in January, two more in March and CX 1F & 1J to BNE in February.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Nov 12, 2018 at 9:52 pm