FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018] (Chase)
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:22 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That would directly violate the terms and conditions of the card. It specifically says that you get two tier-qualifying nights every time you make $5,000 in purchases. There is then about a page of fine print, and none of it says that all $5000 of spend has to come in the same year. If you spend $3000 in December and $2000 in January, you have spent $5000 and are entitled to the two qualify nights.

I'm not sure why people are speculating about Chase not giving you what the terms of the card say they will give you. That's like speculating that maybe if you get 60 nights in a year, Hyatt won't make you globalist. Theoretically possible? Sure. Realistic? Not really.
I can see this interpretation making sense based on what is written (or not written, really). A rolling $5K, dependent on statement close, and independent of year makes sense. And., for qualification purposes they fall into whatever year they fall.

The first question I had above was about when the annual 5-night "started" posts. But that won't matter in the end.

Cheers.