FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex GC Offer: Spend $200 or more, get $10 back
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:14 am
STS-134

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Amex GC Offer: Spend $200 or more, get $10 back

Has anyone figured out a good way to use the $10 off $200 Amex GC offer? I see this offer again in my account. In the past, I've always done the following:

1. Add offer to my card and all AU cards (3 of them) on my Platinum account
2. Purchase a $200 GC with each card. Use a promo code for free shipping and pay the $3.95 purchase fee
3. Total purchase price, $203.95. After the $10 back, I have a $200 GC for $193.95

This time, I am having trouble actually using it. Amex seems to have raised the purchase fee to $6.95 on a $200 card (and I'm not sure that a $200 GC for $196.95 is even worth doing). I don't believe there has EVER been a time when a single promo code (we're only allowed to use one promo code per purchase) has knocked off both shipping and purchase fees, has there? Or, has there ever been a way to combine orders so that you are paying with multiple cards on one order but only paying for shipping once? (in this case, you could use a promo code to get rid of the purchase fees and pay only one $8.95 or so shipping fee for $800 worth of GCs).