FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEOs and a couple of SH changes
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:56 am
volar

Programs: BA Gold
Second time on a NEO last night and I thought I'd record some observations. I was in row 10 in ET so in a pinnacle seat - no noticeable difference to the CEO seats really, apart from the addition of at seat power. On that point, because the power sockets are positioned below the seat and set back a little, they are hidden by the overhanging seat cushion. You might not actually know they are there except for the green glow of the 'on' light, and also they are difficult to use because with no space to bend down, you can't easily see what you're plugging into where. It's a good addition so I'm not moaning, but the placement of these is not great.

I ventured back to use the rear toilet and I found it to be perfectly OK. Compact, sure, but perfectly adequate. It was notable that the door of the central toilet (the one with the cabin crew seat on the back) was misaligned and wouldn't fully close or latch. I did wonder about the robustness of having a seat attached to a hinged door, but I guess Airbus will have thought of that in designing this setup. CC commented that they have very limited space to work with, and have to do a lot of shuffling of trolleys between front and rear galleys prior to departure.

The slimline seats beyond row 12 don't look too bad - although I'd be interested to hear any views of those who have actually sat in them. The rear of the cabin actually looks quite open and spacious (even though this was a full flight) but I think that's due to the seats being slimmer without the separate head rest / wings, rather than anything else.