FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Bag Interlining If Separate Tix w/ *A Partners (YES) & Non-Partners (NO) {Archive}
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:17 am
1kBill

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by cslovacek
Actually, if it’s not booked on one ticket, you likely will not be able to check the baggage through.

You will need to pick it up at IAH, lug it to SQ check-in and recheck it.
UA will very often check bags through on separate tickets, particularly *A partners. I once had a UA agent work for 20 minutes to get one working for me when connecting from UA to TG from SFO-SIN to Thailand because of some difficulty on the TG side.

The other problem with having to pick up your bags and recheck is that OP will have to sit landside and wait until SQ check-in opens, which is probably 3 to 3 1/2 hours prior to flight time.

By all means ask the STL agents to check you all the way through. I'm also on the side of taking the earlier flight rather than risking a connection on separate tickets. The consequences of missing the connection could very likely be huge.

Originally Posted by pkerr
Thanks. So you don't think that 6 hours between flights could be an issue?
Not at all.