FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strategy for 4 people?
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:49 pm
Amelorn

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Originally Posted by jmorgans
I am a newly minted Diamond and I’m making a reservation at a resort (Diplomat in Hollywood FL if it matters) for my family of 4. The problem is they are only offering king bedded standard rooms, or 2 doubles, neither of which works for us by itself. Ideally I only need 1 suite but second choice would be two connecting standard rooms. What is my best strategy here? Book king room and request upgrade? I’d be nervous about not getting the upgrade. Book king and 2 doubles and request connecting? In that case if I get an upgrade I don’t want to be stuck with a second room.

TIA!
Greetings from an exiled NY'er.

As someone who has extensively sampled FL Hilton properties from Key West to the Panhandle, I strongly recommend booking the category of room that you want. This is a market where upgrades tend to be scare, and clients willing to pay cash for the premium rooms are in abundance. I'd just book a suitable suite (1 king + 1 sofa bed in the living room are common) and call it a day. Fortunately, properties in the area (Boca, Hollywood, Lauderdale, Miami) can accommodate.