FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *This benefit is not available on British Airways' 'Hand Baggage Only/Basic' fares.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:55 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by testycal
What is the case if I travel with family..I buy an economy ticket for myself and super economy no baggage for the rest of the family. Silver status allows my family flying with me to have the advantage of my 2 bag limit. This does not seem to be covered.
I don't know the official version here,but I'm near certain that regardless of the machinations, on BA operated service anyone on a Basic ticket = zero checked bags. Regardless of status, or booking composition or codeshare. And I don't think you can mix a Basic and non Basic fare on the same booking anyway, certainly not via conventional channels. The exception is on those flights were BA sends out an email asking people to check in bags, but that would be on shorthaul rather than longhaul. In a way I don't see the issue: you're only buy these tickets if you don't have checked bags, if you do have checked bags then BA will sell you a ticket for that. And if you don't like that, there are other airlines with different approaches. BA's policies are rather rigid in this area compared to (e.g.) AA, but they are logically coherent to my mind.