FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ibis & ibis styles - London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:00 am
est-gratuite

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
NORMAL STANDARD IBIS HEATHROW

-The normal ibis at heathrow is a very large hotel with 5 floors and quite a lot of rooms . About 30 or 40 per floor I think.

-The hotel has a strange "modern" style check in where staff members wear casual red t-shirts and check you in on smartphones while you stand next to them. Maybe some people like this method, but I found it somewhat immature. (Maybe I'm just spolit by the ibis hotels in asia where staff wear smart uniforms, and work very professionally behind a desk.)

-This hotel has rooms on the ground floor, which I do NOT reccomend, especially if they are facing the car park where cars come and go all night and shine their headlights through the windows. It's also more noisy. Ask for a room on the 2nd floor or higher.

-The windows CAN be opened...but only very slighty. Better than nothing.

-The rooms are undergoing a refurbishment from now until MARCH 2019. If you are staying longer than 1 night, I reccomend asking for a room away from the drilling and hammering noises.

-The room sizes are average to small...for ibis standrads anyway.

-The bathrooms look newly done, in a dark brown/black color with walk in showers. Shower pressure is not that great, and the water temperature kept adjusting by itself from boiling hot to colder. Not the best shower I've had for sure.

-Whoever designed the position of the new toilets needs to be fired from their job. I have been in 3 different rooms at this hotel and they all had the same problem. The toilet (which is held into the wall) is both way too close to the ground, and way too close to the side of the wall. It's at the height for a 7 to 11 year old child to sit on, not an adult. Also, if you are sitting on it, one of your legs will be right against the side of the wall. (i'm not even a little bit overweight, so that's not the cause in case you're wondering) There's more than enough space in the bathroom to position the toilet a bit higher and further away from the wall (or turn it in another direction). Really uncomfortable :-(

-The hotel has a large bar and restaurant, but there are no restaurants or supermarkets that I could find nearby. If you take a local red bus and go about 2 or 3 stops further down bath road, you can get to a KFC and starbucks. 2 bus stops after that there is a small tesco supermarket (near the moxy hotel). None of this is within walking distance of the ibis though.

-Rates at this hotel can be very cheap compared to the competition on the same road. The holiday day inn ariel is within walking distance. They are building a courtyard by marriott next to the holiday inn. There is a bowling place next door to the ibis.

-Overall, despite some complaints, i found this hotel better than the ibis styles further down the road. Rates are cheaper, staff are more friendly, and the hotel is much larger overall.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Nov 10, 2018 at 11:33 am