FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2018 for Elite Status in 2019"
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:15 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catbox9
No, it was just the "we're sorry" thing. I suppose I could write back. Normally I'd say 500PQM and probably like 100RDM seems petty, but it really could be the difference between gold and platinum.
I don't think it's the least bit petty, and neither would the agent making the change if they knew that.

Originally Posted by MattShaikh
I forgot to mention on the first trip from EWR-BOM-EWR I am waitlisted for upgrade to Polaris Business with $600 + 25000 miles each way. Does this change the dynamics if I get upgraded?
No. Upgraded segments will still credit as the original fare class. FYI: EWR-BOM is reputed to be one of the most difficult upgrades in the system. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Originally Posted by catbox9
My trip to POS is next week so I'll see if I can SDC before trying. Only concern is the cancelled segment was my choice and I had an agent do it for me to make sure they didn't get mad at me for skipping a segment.
If they actually marked the change as voluntary, Original Routing Credit may be denied -- but while I understand what you're saying, the fact of the matter is that the change was forced upon you by United's operations. SOP in this situation is to mark the change as involuntary -- if the flight had been on time, or even close to on time, you would have taken it.