FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passport/ticket name issue for international travel
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:19 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by fatmenace
Yes, I wrote the wrong airline. It's United, not Delta, and I used the United app.

Spoke to an United rep late last night and the issue is the middle name on my ticket is not the same as my what the government has. For some reason, when the ticket got booked, the last two letters of my middle name were not included. She couldn't help me over the phone but she thinks it's a big deal but couldn't tell me what that meant. So I'll show up and hope my entire trip isn't ruined over two letters.
FWIW, I booked a flight for a friend and mistakenly used her middle name as her last name (!). This was only caught when she tried to check in and the check-in agent fixed it for her. It took some time, but it was done. This was a flight from Canada to the US.

IMHO, I think the data point I just stated is much worse than your case of missing two letters. Hopefully you will get a helpful UA agent.