FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Flake (AA F; SQ F and Suites; CX/MS/CA/MH/KL/JL J; TK Y)
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:32 pm
dat4life

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
There was a metal barrier in front of the driveway of the hotel, but it seemed to be a prop for security theatre as the stern looking guards lowered it after Alex had a quick conversation with them. I bade Alex farewell for the evening, and headed into the hotel. But before I could get through the front desk, my bags were run through a x-ray machine and I went through a metal detector.

Now off to the front desk to get my keys… Not so fast.

I booked a Standard King Room with a partial Nile River View for a very palatable $90 per night. Because of my Hilton Honors Gold status, I was upgraded to a King Executive Room with a full Nile View and access to the Executive Lounge. Not bad for a status I have just because I have a credit card. Anyways, because of the upgrade I had to check in at the lounge. C’mon guys. I just want to get to my room.

To her credit, the front desk agent was super friendly and chatted with me the whole way up. She ushered to one of the seating areas and took my passport and credit card to take of business. In the meantime, one of the lounge attendants offered me a drink. The attendant recommended the strawberry and mango juice, which was apparently the hotel’s signature drink. That sounded amazing. It was more of smoothie than and juice, but technicalities aside the drink was refreshing and delicious.

Finally, I had my keys in hand, and I didn’t have to go far to my room since it was just at the end of the hallway. The first impressions were good. While clearly an older property, the room was spacious and clean.

The view of the Nile from the balcony was particularly nice at sunset

A bellman came with a welcome gift of fresh fruit and sweets along with a letter from the general manager.

Not wanting to deal with trying find a place to eat outside of the hotel, I settled for room service. I ordered a grilled lamb dish and a lime mint juice. It was served with a massive bowl of rice, hummus, and well-stocked breadbasket. The food was excellent, and the prices were very reasonable for room service at least by American standards.

I hit the sack shortly after dinner in anticipation of the early start the next day. Deprived of meaningful sleep the last couple of days, I knocked out pretty much as soon my head touched one of the big fluffy pillows