FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:16 am
carlitos

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by tsmith12
If the old card account number (Gold card) is still active (same number as your Rose Gold), I'd suggest NOT mailing it back. I did that once in the past with a metal card and someone stole the card during transit (likely a post office employee as I had dropped it off there) and went on a shopping/fast food spree on my account.
Wow, I am not the only one with a similar experience. That happened to me with the Chase Sapphire Preferred when I send back because they sent me the upgraded Chase Sapphire Reserve with same BIN number, but different CVV and expiration date. Bad thing was the BIN was active and started receiving notifications of purchases and immediately called to alert Chase and stop it. But if I did not have notifications, this guys would have gone on a shopping day or even weekend, and Chase and Amex did not have Card Freezing options yet.

Now I just collect the cards that have been cancelled or have been substituted. No matter if they are metal or plastic. I have them boxed with my Manufacture Spending receipts and VGCs from all over the years.