FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:24 am
kaizen7

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by RogerD408
It's a bit scary when you project the issues we are seeing to the mega-customer corporate travel (sorry, but FTers and a very small percentage of members although very vocal). I don't see any participants here that represent that segment, but although they may have their own front-end to book Marriott rooms, I can't help but to think similar hiccups are happening there. Given their volume of business is much greater than any of us may ever see, I suspect they are very seasoned on how to get the issues resolved in a much more timely fashion. And since these agents are more attuned to isolating their customers from problems, we may never know just how pervasive these problems are, not to say what we are seeing is minor.
I would say corporate TA segments most likely have less hiccups ....
I believe they use different booking system .. or even contacted the hotel directly if they already making hundreds of bookings there previously.
(and I bet the hotel will update those TA if their email changes ... unlike the masses that have to be satisfied by faxing their email to the hotels )
And in the event of email failure, like the ambassadors email issues, the hotels sales peoples definitely will actively reach to those TA when they didnt hear anything from them.